Eco Arch Limited Construction company
Eco Arch is the company leader in providing value-added construction services to our customers, by creating a successful partnership with them throughout the construction process. Our pledge is to establish lasting relationships with our customers, by exceeding their expectations and gaining their trust through exceptional performance by every member of the construction team.
Our mission is: To perform for our customers the highest level of quality construction services at fair and market competitive prices. To ensure the longevity of our company through repeat and referral business achieved by customer satisfaction in all areas including timeliness, attention to detail and service-minded attitudes. To maintain the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness in our relationships with our suppliers, subcontractors, professional associates and customers.
One of the most popular method of residential construction in Ireland is wood-framed construction. Typical construction steps for a single-family or small multi-family house are:
- Obtain an engineered soil test of lot where construction is planned
- Develop floor plans and obtain a materials list for estimations (more recently performed with estimating software, or quantity server.
- Require structural engineered plans for foundation (soil test report obtained earlier will be used by engineer to design foundation), floor plan, floor (if two story).
- Obtain lot survey
- Government building approval if necessary
- Clear the building site (demolition of existing home if necessary)
- Survey to stake out for the foundation
- Excavate the foundation and dig footers (Scope of work is dependent of foundation designed by engineer)
- Install plumbing grounds
- Pour a foundation and footers with concrete
- Build the main load-bearing structure out of thick pieces of wood and possibly metal I-beams for large spans with few supports.
- Add floor and ceiling joists and install subfloor panels
- Cover outer walls and roof in OSBor plywood and a water-resistive barrier.
- Install roof shingles or other covering for flat roof.
- Cover the walls with siding. Typically, vinyl, wood, brick or block, but possibly stone or other materials.
- Install windows
- Frame interior walls with wooden 2x4s
- Add internal plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and natural gas utilities
- Building inspector visits if necessary to approve utilities and framing
- Install insulation and interior drywall panels (cementboard for wet areas) and to complete walls and ceilings
- Install bathroom fixtures
- Spackle, prime, and paint interior walls and ceilings
- Additional tiling on top of cementboard for wet areas, such as the bathroom and kitchen backsplash
- Install final floor covering, such as floor tile, carpet, or wood flooring
- Install major appliances
- Unless the original owners are building the house, at this point it is typically sold or rented.
Additional service could be provided, like air tightens system, Heat recovery system, solar panels, hwater harvesting systems and etc., for aim passive house standards.